The Little Helmet Reading Challenge 2019
A skilled reader can do anything. When you read you learn to understand different kinds of texts and to find words for your own stories. You will understand different emotions, other people, and history, and learn to know different times, habits and places.
It is never too late to develop your reading skills. You will grow to be a great reader if you keep on practicing. Choose the right books for you and tell your friends about them.
Ready, steady, read!
What kinds of goals will you set for yourself? Choose how to do the challenge yourself or set rules together with your friends or class. Challenge another class or the whole school to take the challenge too, or why not even the parents of your class?
The Little Reading Challenge starts for the fourth time
To the reading list we have chosen subjects from the main Helmet Reading Challenge that can be easily completed with children's books and youth books. The Little Helmet Reading Challenge also fits adults who want a slightly lighter reading challenge.
The 2019 Little Helmet Reading Challenge
1. The book cover has a human face on it
2. Someone is looking for a missing person or an item in the book
3. A book about a place you have visited
4. A book recommended by someone under 18 years old
5. A book for children or youth from your homeland
6. The authors last name starts with the same letter as yours
7. There are twins in the book
8. A book written by a European writer
9. You don't like the title of the book
10. The book deals with a culture that you are not familiar with
11. A book about climate change
12. Book chosen from a bookshelf with your eyes closed
13. A book from an author you have never read before
14. A book that you see someone reading
15. Someone is dreaming in the book
16. The book cover has a city landscape on it
17. You have seen a movie based on the book
18. Someone is alone in the book
19. A book about the relationship between humans and animals
20. A book about some other time period
21. You like the name of the author
22. The book title has a negative in it
23. The book has less than 100 pages
24. A book published in 2019
25. A book recommended by library personnel
Printable version of the reading challenge.
Helmets lilla läsutmaning
Малый литературный вызов Helmet 2019
Text by Marjukka Peltonen, Iso Omena library, Henna Ylihärsilä, Ymmerstan koulu and Heli Haaro, Vanttilan koulu
Translated by Riikka Utriainen, Espoonlahti libraries