Helmet Game Challenge 2019
Helmet Game Challenge starts in January.
Game Challenge is the newest addition in the family of cultural challenges by Helmet libraries. It all started with a reading challenge in 2015. The challenges are playful, social, and an inspiring way of using cultural content. Now the time has come for games.
What Game Challenge?
In the Helmet Game Challenge your mission is to play 24 games during the year 2019. The games can be chosen freely to fulfill the 24 criteria from the challenge.
Who can participate?
Although the challenge is organized by Helmet Libraries any game enthusiast from anywhere can take on the challenge. All participants are also welcome to join the conversation about games and playing in “Helmet-pelihaaste” FB-group.
What if I run into some trouble?
Remember that when you take on a game challenge, the goal is to add joy in the hobby. If you experience stress from the challenge you are doing something wrong. Keep your own schedule and do the challenge on your own terms.
Can I optimize?
Do you want to cross off many challenges from the list with just one game? Or do you want to skip some challenges entirely? Maybe you want to see how many challenges can be done with a role-playing game? You can! The idea is to give inspiration and joy to gaming, so bending the rules to your liking is totally ok.
Share the challenge!
It is tons of fun to do the challenge together with others. Feel free to take on your friends and family in the Helmet-game challenge. You can also join our FB-group and find other people doing the challenge, you can exchange some tips and tricks or just share the loveliest and most horrifying game experiences from the challenge throughout the year.
We are here to help!
Having trouble finding a game for a specific part of the challenge? Don’t worry, help is here! Head in to your nearest library or our FB-group or share with the hashtag #pelihelmet and let us and other participants help you on your way!
You have a new quest! Game On!
Helmet Game Challenge:
1. Game by a Finnish developer
2. Game where no one dies
3. Game that is based on a book, graphic novel or comic
4. Game that is based on actual historical events
5. Game where you play in cooperation with other players
6. Game that can be downloaded for free
7. Game that you remember from your childhood
8. Game where you create your own character
9. Game where the story is created by your choice
10. Game where you can go fishing
11. Game with romance
12. Game that takes place somewhere you have always wanted to visit
13. Game that makes you slightly scared
14. Game from where you think you will learn something new
15. Game that takes place in your favorite place to live in
16. Game where you build something
17. Game that lets you play a game within a game
18. Game that starts a series
19. Game that is played in turns
20. Game that has a protagonist who has a skill that you would like to learn
21. Game that has only one word in its title
22. Game that lets you go to space
23. Game that you can teach to someone else
24. Game where you can drive any kind of vehicle
Game Challenge in Finnish
Game Challenge in Swedish
Helmet Reading Challenge
Little Helmet Reading Challenge
Helmet Music Challenge