How to print, copy and scan documents at the library
Self-service printing at the library is information secure and easy.
Every three months the first five pages that you print are free of charge. After that the prize is 0,40€ per page. You can add money to your printing account at the library's customer service desk.
List of prices
- Prints: 0,40€ per page (0,80€ per two-sided print)
- Black-and-white and coloured prints cost the same. Prints in A4 and A3 paper sizes also cost the same.
- Scanning documents into your email or into a memory stick or USB flash drive is free of charge.
Printing from a customer computer
- Log into the customer computer using your library card or phone number (SMS).
- Send the files that you want to print into the printer by clicking "print". Choose if you wish to print in black-and-white or in colour, and if you want your prints to come out one-sided or two-sided. Click OK.
- Log into the printer with the same user name and password that you used to log into the customer computer.
- Select the files you wish to print on the printer.
Printing from your own device
It is possible to send the files you wish to print into the library's printing queue already at home or at the library using your own mobile device. The files need to be in either PDF format or in picture format (png, jpeg, bmp, tiff). After sending the files, you will have 24 hours to print them at any Helsinki City Library that uses this printing service.
If you have a library card, follow these steps:
- If this is the first time you are printing from your own device, active the service by logging into one of the following options with your library card and the four number PIN-code on the card; library printer, library computer or the printing service website at print.lib.hel.fi. Logging into one of these options is required on the first time you use the service. After the first time you can skip this step.
- Send the PDF or picture files (png, jpeg, bmp, tiff) via email to email@example.com. Send the files using the email address that you have given the library when you got your library card. You can check which email address this is, or change this email address, by logging into your profile at Helmet.fi.
- You will get a confimation email when the file has arrived to the printing queue.
- You have 24 hours to pick up your prints. You can print your files by logging into the library printer with your library card and the four number PIN-code on your card.
If you do not have a libary card, follow these steps:
- Register at print.lib.hel.fi by choosing "Rekisteröidy".
- You will get a confirmation email.
- Confirm your email address by clicking the link that is sent to you. Use the user name and password that you created to confirm your account.
- Send your PDF or picture files to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get a message to confirm that your files are in the printing queue.
- You have 24 hours to pick up your prints. Go to the library printing station and print out your files by logging into the printer with the user name and password that you created.