- You can book meeting rooms during the next 90 days
- You can have max. 5 reservations at a time
- Facilities can be reserved for max 3 h / day
The reservations end always 15 min before the closing time of the library,even though the reservations are done for full hours. The shortest time to reserve is 30 min.
Information about the spaces:
The large 70 m2 Akseli Hall, located on the 2nd floor, can be reserved for meetings or lectures, events etc. It seats up to 30-60 people, 30 with desks. There is a computer, dataprojector, BD-player, and a flipboard/whiteboard. It is possible to use a microphone.
NB: Reservations are only for groups that contain at least 5 people.
- Free of charge for all associations and Espoo city units and housing companies in Espoo
- Other companies are charged 100 € per hour
How do I report and pay a reservation? Send the booking time, company name, or event name, address, business ID (Y-tunnus), and email to email@example.com, and you will receive the invoice home after the event.
This is a meeting room / classroom for 10-12 people on the second floor. Flipboard/whiteboard, a digital screen (please ask for the adaptor from the info desk on the 2nd floor, and please remember to return it back). Free of charge.
This is a room to fit 8-12 people on the library's second floor including flipboard/whiteboard. Reservations end 15 minutes before the library closes.
N.B. Please notice that this is only for meetings. It is not suitable for music or dance practice. Free of charge.
This is a meeting room for about 10-12 people on the second floor. Digital screen and flipboard / whiteboard. Free of charge.
Information about art exhibitions
Sign into Varaamo by your gmail-address, Facebook or YLE-sign-in-name. Then choose Meeting and working. Now you can search for spaces. Write sello on the search and you will see the meeting rooms of Sello Library
You can cancel your reservations by yourself, if you use the same sign in-method as you used when reserving the space. Notice that you can make serial reservations by one click, but you have to cancel them one by one.
For changes and cancellations: you can remove your own reservations yourself and to change them: remove first and then make it again.
* * * * *
Spaces are available whenever the library is open. However, events must end 15 min. before the library’s closing time. Organizers can only be admitted into the library during its open hours.
The time needed for setting up and cleaning up is included in your reserved time.
It’s best to reserve 30 min. both at the beginning and at the end for arranging furniture, preparing technical equipment, and tidying up.
The library may promote events that are open and free of charge on the net pages of the library and on digital info-screens at its sole discretion. If you want the library to advertise your event in the library, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refreshments for meetings and events. Please contact e.g. Marian konditoria on the first floor or other cafes in the shopping mall of Sello
Please report at the service desk on the 2nd floor before your reservation or event starts! A member of the staff will open the door of the meeting room. At that time, you may receive the remote controllers used in the space.
General rules for the spaces that are available for booking at Espoo City Library
1. The library spaces that are available for booking can be freely used by private persons, businesses, associations, Espoo City units, and the housing cooperatives of Espoo. Businesses will be charged a fee, that is stated in the agreement, with the spaces that have been specified to contain a fee.
2. The booked space, and its furnishings are available to the customer with a booking during the time specified in the agreement.
3. Setting up the space for use, as well as the cleaning up after, must take place during the booking. The customers who have the next booking must be allowed the use of the space when their booking begins.
4. The customer who has booked the space must leave it in the same condition it was prior to their booking.
5. Events that have entrance or other fees (including the cost of materials) cannot be held inside the library.
6. The customer who has booked the space is held liable of any damages done by those using the space during the booking. Any damages must be reported to the staff immediately.
7. The event held in the booked space must not inconvenience the other customers or library services.
8. The nature and content of the event held in the booked space must be in accordance with the Finnish law and commonly accepted good practices.
9. If needed, or deemed appropriate by the staff, the library has the right to withhold access to the booked space, or end the event held there if any of these rules are not followed.
Please follow these policies:
- The customers who use the Sello Library spaces must observe and obey the regulations of the library. Please consider the other patrons and their comfort at all times.
- The person who has booked the space or is in charge of the group is responsible for the group and keeping the space in order.
- Chairs and tables should be returned to their proper places if they have been moved.
- Those serving refreshments must clean up the area after the event.
- The spaces must be in order, cleaned, and emptied by the end of the reservation or at least 15 minutes before the library closes.