You can listen to thousands of e-audiobooks in four different services with your Helmet library card. You can find fiction and nonfiction audiobooks for both adults and children in several different languages.
To borrow audiobooks, you will need a Helmet library card and PIN code, a device for listening (a smartphone, a tablet or a computer) and an internet connection. You can also download audiobooks to the services’ own apps and listen to them offline.
Audiobooks in English – OverDrive
- There are hundreds of audiobooks in the OverDrive library and they are mostly in English. There are also some audiobooks in Finnish, French, Spanish and Russian.
- You can find all the audiobooks on the OverDrive website by clicking on “All audiobooks” under the heading Collections. Audiobooks are also available in the service’s mobile app Libby.
- You can listen to the audiobooks in a browser and on the service’s own apps. You can also download audiobooks to the apps and listen to them offline.
- You can have a maximum of 5 loans and 7 holds at a time, including audiobooks and e-books. You can renew your loans if there are no holds on them.
- The lending period is 7 or 14 days. You can choose the period when you borrow something. The loans are returned automatically at the end of the lending period, but you can also return books before the due date.
- You can see your OverDrive loans and holds also when you are logged in to the Helmet website. You can borrow books from OverDrive and place holds on them by using the Helmet search.
Log in to the OverDrive library
Audiobooks in English – Naxos Spoken Word Library
- The collection features thousands of audiobooks and radio plays mainly in English, including classics, memoirs, business titles and language courses. There are also audiobooks in French, German and Portuguese.
- You log in to the service with your library card number. Up to 20 users can be logged in simultaneously.
- You do not need to borrow the audiobooks, just start listening straight away.
- You can listen to the audiobooks in the browser. On iOS and Android devices you can also use the NSWL app for which you need to create your own login credentials. Read more about Naxos Spoken Word Library.
Log in to Naxos Spoken Word Library
Audiobooks in Finnish – Ellibs
- The collection features hundreds of audiobooks in Finnish for adults and children.
- You can listen to audiobooks in the browser or in the Ellibs app. You can also download audiobooks to the app and listen to them offline.
- You will find all the audiobooks on the Ellibs website when you choose the category “MP3” in the menu that says “Format”.
- To see all the audiobooks on the Android version of the Ellibs app, click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and chose only MP3 as format. In the iOS version of the app, click on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner and choose audiobooks as the category.
- You can have a maximum of 5 loans and 7 holds at a time, including audiobooks and e-books. Loans cannot be renewed.
- The lending period is 1 or 14 days. You can choose the period when you borrow something. The loans are returned automatically at the end of the lending period, but you can also return books before the due date.
Log in to the Ellibs library
Audiobooks in Swedish – Biblio
- The Biblio service contains only e-books and audiobooks in Swedish.
Read more about Biblio in Swedish
Detailed instructions for e-book and audiobook services