Log in to e-book and audiobook services
As a customer of the Helmet libraries, you have access to two e-book services and three audiobook services. The collections include fiction and non-fiction for both adults and children.
The services have different collections but using the books works mainly in the same way. You can find detailed information for each service below.
To borrow e-books, you will need your library card and PIN number, a device for reading and an internet connection. If you want to download the books onto your own device, you will also need a reading program or app.
Foreign e-books and audiobooks – OverDrive
- The collection mainly features novels, non-fiction and comic books in English, as well as books for children and young adults. There are also books in e.g. Russian, Swedish and Arabic. The audiobooks are mainly in English.
- The 25 most popular Lonely Planet travel guides are always available.
- You can have a maximum of 5 loans and 7 holds active at a time. You can renew your loans if there are no holds on them.
- The lending period is 7 or 14 days for e-books and audiobooks. You can choose the period when you borrow something. The loans are returned automatically at the end of the lending period, but you can also return books before the due date.
- You can use OverDrive on Libby App.
- You can read e-books and listen to audiobooks in the browser or on Libby.
Log in to OverDrive
English audiobooks – Naxos Spoken Word Library
- The collection features thousands of audiobooks and radio plays mainly in English, including classics, memoirs, business titles and language courses.
- You log in to the service with your library card number. Up to 20 users can be logged in simultaneously.
- You do not need to borrow the audiobooks, just start listening straight away. You can use the service for up to two hours at a time.
- Listen to the audiobooks in the browser. On iOS and Android devices you can also use the NSWL app.
Read more about Naxos Spoken Word Library
Log in to Naxos Spoken Word Library
Finnish e-books and audiobooks – Ellibs
- The collection features fiction and non-fiction mainly in Finnish as well as a small number of books in Swedish and non-fiction in English.
- You can have a maximum of 5 loans and 7 holds active at a time. Loans cannot be renewed.
- The lending period is 1 or 14 days. You can choose the period when you borrow something. The loans are returned automatically at the end of the lending period, but you can also return books before the due date.
- You can read e-books in the browser or in the Ellibs app, or you can download them onto your own device.
- You can listen to audiobooks in the browser or in the Ellibs app. You can also download audiobooks to the app and listen to them offline.
Log in to Ellibs
Detailed instructions for e-book and audiobook services